Did you get your list done this month?
Here’s a reminder of best practices for August from IFAS.UFL.EDU
- Treat for liver flukes as close to August 15th as possible, if they are in your area.
- Cut hay.
- Apply lime for fall and winter crops.
- Harvest Bahiagrass seed
- Check mineral feeder.
- Update market information and marketing plans.
- Check for army worms, spittlebugs, and mole crickets, and treat if necessary.
- Check dust bags.
- Wean calves and cull cow herd.
- Watch for evidence of abortions.
- Observe animals regularly for signs of disease.
- If cattle grubs were found on cattle last winter or heel flies were observed in the pasture, treat for cattle grubs
- Pregnancy test and cull open heifers from replacement herd.
Call or email us today at 352-388-9071 or email@example.com to set up an appointment to help with your veterinary needs for your beef herd!